Metal Enclosures & Electrical Enclosures
Metal enclosures are designed to house electrical, electronic, pneumatic controls/instruments, as well as provide a degree of protection against dirt, dust, oil, and water. At Solutions Direct we offer two metal enclosure manufacturers to give our customers several options. These enclosures are constructed using the following materials: aluminum, carbon steel, 304 and 316 stainless steel. They are available in an extensive variety of covers, latching options, doors, and mounting configurations. All of our electrical enclosures meet UL, CSA, and NEMA Type 1, 3R, 4, 4X, 12, and 13 standards. Below is a list of NEMA standards and the applications they correspond to:
NEMA Electrical Enclosure Standards
Hammond Manufacturing is a leading supplier of electrical and electronic enclosures, power management assemblies, as well as racks and cabinets. Hammond has a long history of delivering quality manufactured products and excellent customer service since 1917. It developed a reputation as a premier vendor, especially in the area of custom enclosures and product modifications. Its strong design capability enables them to produce innovative product modifications that are designed, built, and delivered on-spec, on-budget, and on-time.
- NEMA 1 Enclosures: General purpose electrical enclosure for indoor use to protect against falling dirt but are not dust tight (Can be used as a junction, pull, or switch box)
- NEMA 3R Enclosures: Designed for indoor and outdoor use to protect against rain, sleet, snow, and dripping water
- NEMA 4 Enclosures: Provides protection where equipment maybe hosed down or very wet (For use in dairies and breweries)
- NEMA 4X Enclosures: Same protection as NEMA 4 enclosures, but provides an additional level of protection against corrosion (Suitable for food processing plants, dairies, and refineries)
- NEMA 12 Enclosures: Protection against dripping and light splashes of liquid
- NEMA 13 Enclosures: Same protection as NEMA 12 but provides an additional protection against the spraying, splashing, and seepage of water, oil, and non-corrosive coolants (Suitable for application to machine tools and other industrial processing machines)
Saginaw Control & Engineering has been serving the electrical industry since 1963. It specializes in manufacturing both standard stock and custom designed enclosures, as well as precision sheet metal fabrications. The 255,000 square foot manufacturing and warehouse facility, located in Saginaw, Michigan, uses state-of-the-art fabricating equipment including the newest laser technology. All products are protected with the highest quality paint and powder finishes available in today's market. In addition to the manufacturing facility and warehouse, SCE has distribution centers in Tennessee, Nevada, Ohio, and Wisconsin. All are conveniently located to serve enclosure customers throughout the U.S.
Click here to or if you have any questions and need assistance choosing an electrical enclosure for your application please contact us at (888) 886-8185.